Thoughts on all things garden themed from an antique dealer gone amuck! I write, play with the dogs, and fill my house with garden art. There is hardly time to work the dirt!

Copyright 2010-2013 Barbara Barth, Writer With Dogs

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Invasion Of The Caterpillars, Floral City, Florida

Remember to leave a comment or become a follower to be in the May 21st drawing to win a one-of-a-kind necklace by Time In A Garden design. You can leave a comment on any entry on or after April 12th to be included.

Photos from my sis in Floral City, Florida.  So creepy they are beautiful. Nature and spring. Gotta love it.

Next time I complain about the ants crawling over the hood of my '79 Corvette, I'll remember my sister's tires.  I think I'll stick with the ants.

Yikes!

Welcome Spring In All Its Glory!
photos from Pam King


5 comments:

  1. Wow! That's a lot of them! Are they everywhere like that? Kinda creepy! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh. I guess I am not that much of a nature lover. In new orleans, this is the time of the caterpillar attack -- they fall from trees and they sting, then they get smashed all over the sidewalk and road and they stink! I was there the last couple of springs and was afraid to go outside -- this year I think I'll postpone my visit until it's safe again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My sister says they are dropping from the trees. Yuck. I am waiting to see what shows up in my yard this summer. Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are caterpillars and then there are grasshoppers. Here in North Florida they are starting to emerge as tiny black critters that devour everything in sight. Eventually they grow into grasshoppers about six inches in size with gorgeous colors of yellow, red and green. See what happens when you live in Florida? Ya gotta love those bugs.
    Audrey

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh! Then again those caterpillars look kind of cute in their own way... :)

    -- Birgit :)

    ReplyDelete