Thoughts on all things garden themed from an antique dealer gone amuck! I write, play with the dogs, and fill my house with garden art. There is hardly time to work the dirt!

Copyright 2010-2013 Barbara Barth, Writer With Dogs

Monday, February 11, 2013

Sally Rosenbaum Art


I've been following Sally Rosenbaum's beautiful paintings on Ebay for years. Her paintings of women in the garden, reading books, sipping tea or wine, or just enjoying the lush flowers around them, reminds me of spring and all its glory. Her paintings are romantic and timeless, showing contemporary women in lovely old fashioned hats and dresses. I want to share some of her work here and link you back to her website where you can read more about Sally and her beautiful paintings or to her Ebay Store Sally Rosenbaum Gallery.

About the artist:

Sally Rosenbaum is a resident of Napa, California and paints in her studio at home using friends and family as models set against the backdrop of her own garden. “I like to show moments in time that invite reflection and celebrate the life of sensation, inner thought and contemplation. I strive to capture the temperature of the atmosphere on my subjects and the interplay of warmth and shadow.”

She holds a BA in fine art from UC Berkeley, several teaching credentials and has done graduate work in the fields of fine art, sculpture, and education. Her academic background is rich from the formal training she has received from individuals remarkable in their fields. She has studied with individuals as diverse as Elmer Bischoff, David Simpson, Earl Loran, and Don Hatfield.

Her work is currently shown in galleries throughout the United States and her work has been reproduced by Landmark Calendars, Marcel Schurman Fine papers, (Papyrus), American Greetings, Avon, and Broderbund software and she is currently under contract with Wendover art group who publishes throughout the world.


Artist quote:
I am a self-supporting oil painter working out of my home studio dedicated to painting, art and living a life that makes sense to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment