Thoughts on all things garden themed from an antique dealer gone amuck! I write, play with the dogs, and fill my house with garden art. There is hardly time to work the dirt!

Copyright 2010-2013 Barbara Barth, Writer With Dogs

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Spring Fever Cured by Annie's Annuals & Perennials Web


One more rainy day and I will eat more chocolate. I want the sun. I want the moon - but that is a different post entirely! Right now all I can think of is spring, gardens, and sunshine. We have had two days with sun and my spirits soared and life was good. My six dogs romped in the yard and stretched out on the deck. We were all relaxed and happy. Then I woke up today and the sky was dark, more rain on its way. It is not that it has been a harsh winter in my metro Atlanta town of Decatur, Georgia, but it has been bleak. Rain and cold that chills to the bone. Six dogs who refuse to go out in the yard. Don't ask about that! Dog owners know what I mean. I've been blessed it hasn't been a terrible winter, but I am cursed it has been a dark rainy one. I love the sun.

Just as I reached my limit today with weather and was going on another food binge, I found a site on Google that made me smile. It gave me hope. A ray of sunshine and whimsy on another rainy day in Georgia.

Annie's Annuals & Perennials Web put me back in the mood for dreaming...of gardens, sunshine and spring. I want to share her site with you, if you haven't already found her. Visit her web by clicking here and find more surprises, photos, links, to make your mind spin with ideas. I just signed up for her newsletter and ordered her new catalog.

I am happy today thanks to Annie!

Specializing in rare and unusual annuals and perennial plants, including cottage garden heirlooms and hard to find California native wildflowers.


Plants, gifts, how-to-videos, and more. You will have fun visiting this charming website.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete